1. CHAPTER SEMINARS. The Foothill Chapter Board of Directors and our Seminar Committee Chaired by Paul Brow of All-Car Specialists in San Gabriel (626-285-2205) schedule seminars for our shop owner members (business management topics) and their technicians (technical subjects) 4 - 6 times per year. Cost is minimal and sometimes free. This is a tremendous member benefit for you and your employees! You can give Paul your ideas and suggestions for seminars so we will try to schedule the seminars you want.
2. CHAPTER JOB BANK. The Foothill Chapter has established is own Job Bank headed by Gene Morrill of Certified Automotive Specialists in Glendora (626-963-0814) and Jeff Kiesendahl, at 818-248-0162. Job applicants are posted via E Mail to our members. Applicants are received from Foothill Chapter members who have people apply with them but they can’t use their services at the time. By sharing, we help each other!
3. CHAPTER SOCIALS. Our Socials Chairman JACK SCRAFIELD of North Hollywood Auto Repair (818-769-2334) arranges some outstanding social events for us throughout the year. We've visited JPL, the J. Paul Getty Museum, had a Day at the Races at Santa Anita Race Track, toured the Autry Museum of Western Heritage, taken a murder mystery train ride including a delicious dinner, attended the races at Irwindale Speedway, had bowling dinner parties at Montrose Bowl, had several excellent parties, and toured the J. P. Nethercutt Collection of beautiful classic automobiles. Jack would like to hear from you with your suggestions for future social events.
4. INFORMATIVE MEETINGS. We hold Dinner Meetings on the first Tuesday evening of each month at a location normally located in Pasadena. Our meetings offer great speakers, camaraderie, valuable information, and the latest news on what’s happening in the automotive repair industry. You also get to network with other shop owners and exchange ideas, tips, techniques and short cuts. One meal a month is included in your dues, plus we have a long-standing special where you can bring your spouse at no charge! Vice President, Randy Lewis (909-7179950) schedules our programs and welcomes any suggestions you have on good speakers!
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS PROVIDED BY ASC OF CALIFORNIA THROUGH YOUR FOOTHILL CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
5. BANK CARD PROCESSING. Through ASC’s endorsed bankcard processing company - Elevon Information Systems (Barbara Martin 800-725-1243, 1, x8519 or email at email@example.com - participating ASC members enjoy some of the lowest rates in the country. If you accept Visa, MasterCard, and other bankcards, you need to check out this money-saving group program.
6. FREE LEGAL SERVICES. All ASCCA members are entitled to a half-hour of free legal telephone consultation each month from ASC's attorney, Jack Molodanof - (916-4470313). The service is not limited to shop business although Jack has extensive backgrounds in shop-related legal matters. This member benefit can save you a ton of money while avoiding potential lawsuits.
7. CREDIT UNION MEMBERSHIP. This is a great benefit for both shop owners and their employees. In fact, many shop owners offer credit union membership as an employee benefit by paying the nominal employee initiation fee. Traditionally, loan rates are lower from credit unions. California Preferred - Unipac (Ms. Bobbie Kay Adams 800-449-4540 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org) is who you contact.
8. ASC WORLD WIDE WEB PROGRAM. ASC-CA has established a home page on the World Wide Web at www.ascca.com. The ASC web page has three target audiences: 1) ASC members now have a quick, easy reference on their computer to keep them abreast of what is occurring in the state association and within the automotive repair industry; 2) California shops that are not ASC members can learn more about the advantages of being an ASC member; and 3) California consumers looking for honest, reputable repair facilities can find a list of ASC members quickly and easily on the ASC web pages. All ASC members statewide are listed.
9. THE FOOTHILL CHAPTER WEBSITE. This Foothill Chapter website lists members by city. There is also a Members Only Section containing important information for Foothill Chapter members only.. Contact Craig Johnson (email@example.com)
10. SHOP SUPPLIES. Each year ASC purchases tons of high quality shop supplies including floor mats, fender covers, brochures, business forms, etc. for resale to members. Because we buy these in bulk, members enjoy significant discounts that are passed on to them by ASC. This is not a revenue generating program for ASC, just a member benefit. Call the ASC of California office at (800) 810-4272.
11. CUSTOMER RETENTION. DemandForce is ASCCA's preferred supplier
12. PAYROLL SERVICES. Paychex (Barbara Quinn, email Bquinn@paychex.com) provides special pricing on complete payroll services.
13. SHOP INFORMATION SERVICES:
ALLDATA – Offers ASC members a discount off of their normal rates and enhanced programs not available to the general public. Contact Mauricia Lopez at (800) 697-2533.
Mitchell 1-SAN GABRIEL VALLEY, INLAND EMPIRE, ORANGE COUNTY – Gives ASC members a 15% discount off their normal fees if you sign up for their services after you have become an ASC member. Contact TONY JULLIAN at phone number (909) 648-3835 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Tony also is a expert in computer systems, and programming. If he sells you a system, he supports his products, and services. Many members use him!
14. DAY-TO-DAY BUSINESS HELP:
Thomson Delmar – Receive a 15-20% discount on their entire catalog of repair information products including Chilton manuals and ASE Test Preparation kits.
Automated Marketing Group – Get special discounts on this direct marketing program. Check out their website at www.longtermfix.com
15. A VERY LOUD POLITICAL VOICE. Individually, there isn't much we can do to shape future laws affecting our industry. But collectively, our united voices are STRONG, LOUD AND FOCUSED. Politicians and our elected officials in state, county and city governments listen to ASC when it talks, because it represents thousands of members (voters!) statewide. Often, the Bureau of Automotive Repair discusses with ASC rules and regulations under consideration to see how they will fit in the real world of automotive repair.